Good Customer Service equates to customer satisfaction equates to increased sales.
10 EQs & Personal Skills Needed to be a Good Customer Service Rep:
- Communication Skills: A good customer service rep will listen to the customer and hear what they are saying. They will know when to listen and when to speak.
- Integrity: Keeping promises made to customers is essential but learning to manage expectations is also important. A person with good customer service skills knows company policies and ensures any promise made to a customer is deliverable.
- Honesty: Being honest and upfront with customers is necessary even when the news is not positive. An honest answer builds trust and long-term relationships with customers.
- Follow-Up: Ensure completed customer satisfaction by double-checking with customers after each offer, solution or sale.
- Product/Service Expertise: An essential component is knowing what is being sold, and services offered. Investing in training can make the difference between a successful rep and an ineffective one.
- Negotiation/Persuasion Skills: Knowing when there is an opening to make a sale and developing the ability to push the sale forward is key.
- Confidence & Tenacity: Being confident in the organization’s product or service is half the battle, combine that with moving the sale through with tenacity, and a goal-oriented focus boosts sales.
- Deal Closer: Once various options for solutions are presented, understanding how to close the deal and finalize the call is an essential part of the process.
- Calm under Pressure: Working under pressure while meeting deadlines, speaking with upset customers and finding solutions quickly requires discipline and personal skills.
- Going the Extra Mile: Finding the solution to a customer issue sometimes takes a little more time or research, the customer service rep that truly cares about the customer and their needs will take an extra step to keep the customer satisfied.
Does your organization understand the value of inside sales? Do you need help in recruiting and/or training? Would you like to boost sales/increase profits?
In our complete Sales Skills tool package, Management Development System offers Sales Training for Inside and Outside Sales. In addition, we have a full line of assessments to help organizations find or train individuals to be effective in sales positions. For Sales Training, please contact us at 254.776.6306 or write us: email@example.com.
To download free Sales Skill Assessments click here.