What is a 360 Degree Development Survey?
The 360 Degree Survey is a feedback process where superiors, peers and sometimes even customers evaluate an individual. The analysis from the survey shows not only how an individual perceives themselves but how others perceive them.
The 360° Assessment provides feedback and scoring capabilities, plus an individual development plan for direct training. You will learn the training and development needs of individuals and groups within your organization.
- Identifies growth potential
- Benchmarks current skill levels
- Determines desired skill level
- Identifies skill needs
- Identifies additional needs
- Provides an assessment of skills as perceived by self and others
How the 360 Degree Development Survey Helps Your Team:
- Personal growth through self-discovery. An individual better understand themselves and their role as a team member.
- Improving relationships through enhanced communications and understanding
- Professional development by aligning individuals with their team mates. Individuals will understand how potential strengths and weaknesses affect other team members and the overall team effectiveness.
The Bad & Ugly
Often those who are evaluating a superior will be cautious in their feedback for fear of retaliation. And sometimes that fear is well-founded.
It takes a person with sensitivity and training to convey the results to an individual. If the communication is not handled correctly, the survey results can lead to defensiveness and even hostility, which is counterproductive to growth and team effectiveness.